On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 2:52 PM, Bruce Johnson
<john...@pharmacy.arizona.edu> wrote:

> Nortons?? Delete this with extreme prejudice.

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

While googling about for info on SymDCInit, I found the except below
from a July 2006 post to an OS X help forum:

"You've got TrackDelete and VolumeAssist installed on your computer.
These are part of Norton Utilities. These have absolutely nothing to do
with securing your computer, and everything to do with munging up your
computer and causing problems."

"Please uninstall Norton Utilities. If you refuse to take the advice of everyone
"on this thread in this regard, I don't know how we can help you."

OK, yeah. I'll think I'll try to do that then. Not sure whether to try
to let Norton uninstall itself or merely move what I can see to the
trash. I'm not sure what I might miss with the latter approach. I
don't like leaving dangling bits of an install behind.

-irrational john