On Apr 17, 2011, at 5:11 PM, Cliff Rediger wrote:

> On Apr 17, 3:28 pm, Brian Christmas <ozsa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Are you sure the files/folders aren't locked? or the privileges different?
>>
>> Do a get info on them to check.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Santa
>>
> Yes, that was the problem exactly.
> Had to go through each file and unlock, change the owner and color.
> Thank you for the response.

Did you figure out what caused the problem? I ask because a few folks have come
to me with similar weird ownership issues after copying a lot of files to
external drives, and I haven't been able to figure out why. OS X is supposed to
allow full read/write access to files on removable drives.

I suspect it's got something to do with ACL's on files but I've usually just
brute-forced the issue by forcing an ownership change.

--
Bruce Johnson

"Wherever you go, there you are" B. Banzai,  PhD