Kris Tilford wrote:
On Apr 25, 2011, at 12:06 AM, crumvoc wrote:

This computer works great, except for other than a power-off, BOTH the
fans (internal and power supply)  will not shut down.

This old computer doesn't support hibernate (safe sleep), which would be the only situation I'm aware of where an operational desktop would have the fans stop running while not in a shutdown (power off) mode. Both fans SHOULD be running in any mode other than a shutdown. If either stops, that's when you've got real problems.

It could be worth installing Hardware Monitor Lite, although I'm fairly sure the G3 models aren't exactly over-endowed with readable temp. sensors. If any temps returned are within normal parameters consistently, then there's probably little to worry about.

Ted