On Apr 25, 2011, at 6:52 PM, Kris Tilford wrote:

On Apr 25, 2011, at 3:24 PM, Bill Connelly wrote:

Weird.

I think you read his posting wrong. Here is what he wrote:

This computer works great, except for other than a power-off, BOTH the
fans (internal and power supply) will not shut down.

The key words are "other than power-off", which means both fans DO shutdown during power-off. These old G3's don't have variable fan speed, so his Mac is operating normally.

Thanks and my apologies ... guess I got caught off guard with what seems to be double negative like techies ...

either that, or maybe I need to blow the dust out of my head a bit ...