On Apr 26, 2011, at 9:36 AM, iJohn wrote:

> The only thing worse than not securing your network is the poor folks
> who THINK they've secured it but are using WEP. To my understanding
> WEP is getting to be so laughably easy to hack that I would expect it
> to be the next easiest way to steal Wi-Fi.

Actually, no. Any kind of lock is good enough to make the perp aim his pringles
can a floor lower. Why bother?

Yes WEP CAN be easy to crack but it's still not a no-brainer and still not a
thing most moochers would do.

And no, putting it on Bones or CSI (or "Law and Order: The endless supply of
Clones", or "NCIS: The Increasingly juvenile spinoffs") will help because by my
hasty recollections ISTR it being done several times, already, on several of
the shows.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona