Thank you to all!  That makes me feel a lot better.  I guess I'll just
try to monitor in case of a fan failure.  I really like this old Mac.
It always makes me smile when I open the case and see the amazing
interior.  Giving it to my elderly parents and will try to teach them
how to do email.  I have set up a  very simplified desktop for them
with only a mail client (Thunderbird), iPhoto and Safari.