On Apr 26, 2011, at 3:21 PM, crumvoc wrote:

> Hi again.  Does anyone know if any ol' off the shelf windows PC USB2
> PCI card will work in my g3 powermac?  I'd like to upgrade it to USB 2
> if possible.

Yes, USB2 in Windows also required OHCI so they're pretty much all compatible.
Note that USB2 requires OS X; in older OS'es you'll only get USB1.1 speeds out
of it. G4's have sleep issues with some USB2 chipsets; I don't know if that
applies to G3's as well. The NEC chipset works.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona