On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 9:30 AM, Bruce Johnson
<john...@pharmacy.arizona.edu> wrote:
> On May 19, 2011, at 9:52 PM, Jonas Ulrich wrote:
>>  I will need to disable the DHCP
>> server setting on one of those routers for it to have the possibility of
>> working correctly.
>
> Disable the Netgear's DHCP; leave the Buffalo (which is routing to the WAN)
> as the DHCP server. (or simply replace the netgear with a small switch)

That would be my suggestion as well. Also, make sure you connect the
WET54G  to one of the Netgear's LAN ports, NOT to the WAN port. While
I have seen other people suggest that going through the WAN port will
work just fine, I have always had my doubts about this. Trying to
understand NATing an already NATed IP and essentially creating another
"firewalled" LAN inside a LAN gives me mild nausea so I try to never
go there.

Remember that what you want is to make sure all the devices in your
LAN are assigned addresses which are on the SAME subnet, otherwise
they will not be able to (easily) talk to each other.

-irrational john