On 5/23/11 6:57 PM, Jeffrey Engle wrote:
Just needing a confirmation here...

On the powermac MDD, I'm assuming that the "system" will "look" for a
startup/boot volume at the "end" or last connection of the cable
plugged into the 100mhz bus? That is if no other boot volume is
"blessed" ... make sense? Jeff

Most systems that boot off of IDE will go Primary IDE bus master, then slave, then secondary IDE bus master, then slave.

Cable position only matters if you are using cable select on the drives. I manually set them to master and slave and avoid that whole mess entirely. Then, cable position does not matter. :)

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org