On Jun 12, 2011, at 3:40 PM, Les wrote:

How high can I go with this?

You can go as high as 10.4.11 using XPostFacto 4. You'd need to max out the RAM, and perhaps get a larger HD (OS X wants about 4GB free- space for temp files and cache files, so you'll not be able to fit a "working" boot OS X installation onto the 1st 8GB partition that the Wallstreet allows, you'll need a larger 10+GB partition for OS X, which will normally mean upgrading the HD.

Honestly, upgrading this Wallstreet isn't a very good idea. The costs of upgrading the RAM, HD, wireless card, and perhaps USB card is greater than the cost of a used PC laptop that can run OS X Leopard, Snow Leopard, or Lion. I'd sell the Wallstreet and get something a little more modern. The Wallstreet isn't a good internet computer, it will never play any streaming video smoothly in OS X, whereas almost any cheap laptop with a Pentium M or Core Duo CPU will play smooth video and run circles around the Wallstreet.

If you're going forward with upgrading the Wallstreet, I can help you off-list, but the process is complicated because the Wallstreet is limited in many ways, including the 1st 8GB partition issue, the Rage video issue, and other possible issues in OS X. Read the XPF forums. I wouldn't pay the XPF fee, the forums are dead and XPF has zero support now, it's abandonware. XPF works great, but the Wallstreet is a tough nut compared to newer Macs and PC hackintoshes.