On Jun 20, 2011, at 8:42 PM, Major Motoko wrote:

Hi I just did an over haul to my PowerMac G5. I add memory, a new driver, pci card the works. Now when I plug my hdmi cable to the back of the TV is not picking up a signal which it was connecting with not problem before the upgrade and the fan is blowing louder. Did i do something wrong??

With such large changes to hardware it's always a good idea to reset the SMU and Safe Boot to reestablish the system cache files for the new hardware.

I don't understand some of your description of the update. For example "a new driver" probably means you got a new hard drive? And "pci card" is a generic term, the specific card would be nice to know? Also, AFAIK no G5 came with HDMI video cards, so you shouldn't have an HDMI port unless this was part of the upgrade?

The G5's vary a lot in terms of hardware specifications, so knowing the exact model would help? For now, try resetting the SMU <http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1436 > and then Safe Boot by holding the Shift key at startup, then restart again normally. Should be fine I think?