Il giorno 30-06-2011 7:10, Skyler Rudd ha scritto:

> I just received a 933Mhz G4 (2002).
Is it a Quicksilver, right?

> Info I
> have found says to simply screw the drives on top of one another, but no
> holes are to be found.
Maybe the G4 is missing the HD tray/frame (as someone else suggested).

How the original HD is mounted, then?
I have a Digital Audio G4 (similar to Quicksilver), and the HD frame is an
"U" shaped metal frame with holes for 2 HDs.

If you're ok with just one drive, with not just swap the two HDs?

> I want OS
> 9.2.2 for some of my old favorite games but would I be better off with a
> separate OS 9 partition or is Classic my best bet?
Definitely go for OS9 on a separate partition/drive.
Many applications perform better in OS9 (as compared to Classic), and some
are not (or not fully) compatible with Classic.

This is especially true for games!

> I hope I don't sound
> ignorant but I only know enough about computers to get myself in trouble.
That's the way we learn, usually. :-D

You're welcome to ask for help here, anyway. :-)