> What would be the best wireless card for a G4 gigabit. It is running
> OS10.5.8 and needs to use an HP 4500 wireless printer.

The best is one which utilizes a Broadcom chip set and is recognized as an
Airport Extreme card. This would be a PCI card. However, most
manufacturers have moved on to USB 2.0 dongles or Ralink-based PCI cards.

A USB 2.0 dongle is usable in a G4 Gigabit, but it would operate at the
USB 1.1 rate.

ZyDAS 1211B-based dongles are good, but there are others which also offer
MacOS X-compatible drivers.

A very economical alternative is a Mini PCI card for a Dell Laptop in a
Mini PCI-to-PCI adapter.

You would find these on eBay at very low cost.

I have these Dell Mini PCI cards and adapters in almost all of my
Hackintoshes.

MacOS X recognizes these as shown below:

en0:
  Card Type:    Third-Party Wireless Card
  Supported PHY Modes:  802.11 b/g
  Supported Channels:   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
  Current Network Information:
  PHY Mode:     802.11g