On Jul 28, 11:38 am, Bruce Johnson <john...@pharmacy.arizona.edu>
wrote:

> > **Cannot afford  to change/upgrade my HDs to GUID.
> Also this is a matter of reformatting the drive, not getting a new one or
> anything like that.
> --
> look at early gen Intel Macbooks. Macbook Pros, and iMacs
Bruce,
I like the idea of looking at the books. would provide some
versatility and good point about the video.

I'm presuming by early gen you mean 32 bit architecture.

Which raises a question about compatibility with iPads etc. Are not
the latest iPads 64 bit arch.?  Of course, that's a future
consideration.

Also, to be clear, you're saying that 10.6.8 is compatible with
Rosetta?
and my external drives merely need reformating to GUID?

Good lead to the Apple Discussion Fabian. I've been there and will
consult them as well.
But, this list seems so much like family that I always think here
first.

Cliff