On Aug 4, 2011, at 7:32 PM, Tina K. wrote:

Meaning the OS is 100% 64 bit, or the OS and Apps are 100% 64 bit?

I don't think so, but I'm still confused upon this issue? Would someone clarify please?

I'd thought that Lion was "supposed to be" 100% 64-bit, and since my hackintosh laptop (as well as many real Mac models) uses the Intel X3100 graphics chipset, and the X3100 is 32-bit only, I "thought" this meant no Lion for the X3100. If you boot normally (64-bit) the X3100 is indeed without any acceleration and works poorly, but if you add the kernel boot flag to for 32-bit operation then the 32-bit X3100 kexts load and you get full acceleration.

When booted 64-bit kextstat shows 84 kexts loaded, but when booted with the 32-bit flag there were 99 kexts loaded, so 15 more kexts under 32-bit. Obviously there is still 32-bit operation under Lion, but perhaps many of the apps don't run as 32-bit? As I said, I'm new to Lion and confused about this issue also.