Thanks to everybody for your advice.
I just cloned my system to the new G5, and everything went fine. :-)

Il giorno 21-09-2011 1:18, Richard Taylor ha scritto:

> The only reason to install again from scratch would be if you just
> wanted to have a completely clean, new, virgin system - if you're happy with
> the old one then there's no point to choose that over cloning.
I'm very happy with my installation and all the bits, pieces and tune-ups,
that's why I really like cloning it.

Il giorno 21-09-2011 4:55, Dan ha scritto:

> Just... be sure your first boot on the cloned volume is into Safe
> Mode.  That will ensure that the kernel and system caches are rebuilt
> fully.
Good advice!
I used Applejack to clean/rebuild everything, just in case.

> I've run into a few odd gitches doing it...  eg:  I did a clean
> install into a PowerBook G4 then cloned to a PowerMac G3 and later a
> PM G4.  It works fine.  But now and then it thinks it has bluetooth.
Talking about glitches, when cloning onto my PowerBook, I can't call
Dashboard using a Function key (like I do with the PM G4 and - now - G5)
anymore.
If i re-set the keyboard shortcut thru the Pref panel, it works, but
whenever I (re)boot, the PB keeps "forgetting" the shortcut.
Odd...

> I've never managed to get Migration Assistant to get -everything- on
> Panther, Tiger, or Leopard.  It's crashy and there's always something
> missing.
Good to know.