Il giorno 14-10-2011 16:47, dc ha scritto:

> I tried disconnecting peripherals and
> resetting the PRAM, that's actually what the computer sounds like it's
> doing with the chime repeating ad nauseum.
Another idea: pull out the PRam battery for some hours.
(ok, we are at the "desperate level" but, hey, who knows... ;-)

Once upon a time there was a button somewhere inside Macs, that did some
kind of "internal setup reset" (maybe resetting the Power Management Unit?).
I don't know if the Mac Pro still has that button.

Apart  from whatever we thought, it should be either the motherboard or the
power supply.
But I'm no hardware expert, so don't trust me. ;-)