On Oct 15, 2011, at 10:51 AM, John Carmonne wrote:

I got the PXHCD.kext. and upon dropping it in the system/library/ extensions folder I get a dialogue box that says it's improperly installed.
Is there a method to install it?

You need to repair the ownership & permissions before it will work. You can do this manually using Terminal (a hassle for most people), or do it semi-manually using something like BatChmod (drag & drop into the open BatChmod window, check the box "Apply to enclosed folders & files" and set the Owner & Group to "root" & "wheel"(the permissions should be right already (RWX,RX,RX).

The hackintosh GUI method would be to use an application such as Kext Helper B7, or Kext Wizard to install the kext. You can get either if these apps at <http://www.kexts.com/>. They're both simple to use GUI with drag & drop ability. Kext Helper sometimes has to be "Force Quit", Kext Wizard has an automatic updater which is nice.