On Oct 22, 2011, at 2:32 PM, Bruce Johnson wrote:

(well, presuming Dropbox doesn't screw up again, and given this interview with the founder, I suspect it won't do that again. <http://www.forbes.com/sites/victoriabarret/2011/10/18/dropbox-the-inside-story-of-techs-hottest-startup/ >

The kid does seem to have a head on his shoulders.)

I don't understand the first paragraph of the article:

"Here’s that rare Steve Jobs story, one that’s never been told, about the company that got away. Jobs had been tracking a young software developer named Drew Houston, who blasted his way onto Apple’s radar screen when he reverse-engineered Apple’s file system so that his startup’s logo, an unfolding box, appeared elegantly tucked inside. Not even an Apple SWAT team had been able to do that."

This makes no sense to me, "Apple's file system" so "his startup's logo" appeared? Where does any "logo" appear in a "file system"? And Apple SWAT team, what's that? Unless someone has a plausible explanation, I'm assuming this is simply a business reporter trying to cover a tech subject he knows nothing about.