On Oct 25, 2011, at 10:32 AM, Jonathan Smith wrote:

I have just acquired a G5 Powermac 2.5 GHz (june 2004). I booted her
up and was intrigued to see if it had either the airport extreme or
bluetooth optional extra, system profiler reckoned not.

On inspection of the inside, I have found a rather small card, screwed
onto the MB which looks suspiciously like a wifi or blue tooth card.

I think the card you're looking at is some type of dummy card that fills the spot the real card uses. It likely has few or no chips on it, and simply completes some circuit? If you get the real card, it will have connection points for those two antenna wires, but you'll also need the two tiny antenna that fit on the back of the G5, a stubby Bluetooth, and a "T" Airport antenna.