Thanks for that message par,

I have a dual 1.42GHz G4 CPU board on it's way to me right now that is intended to replace my current dual 1.25GHz G4 CPU's, and I am hoping that it will be an easy switch from one to the other in my MDD G4 PowerMac when it arrives. I am also interested in possibly over- clocking the 1.42GHz G4 CPU's to 1.5GHz, or 1.67GHz to give it the maximum amount of speed difference, over the performance I now have with my stock 1.25GHz G4's.

I could have looked for a dual 1.8GHz accelerated G4 CPU upgrade from one of the third party companies that manufacturers accelerators for Mac computers, but to my knowledge, none of them have the L3 cache that the stock G4 CPU cards have. It is my thinking that an over- clocked 1.42GHz G4 board should be as fast, or almost as fast at the 1.8GHz G4 upgrade board without the L3 cache in many benchmark tests. My goal in trying to get more speed is to get smoother video play back at higher resolutions.

I have found that MorphOS2.7 with mPlayer can run 720p videos much smoother that MacOSX on the same hardware, and I hope that with my upgrade to 1.42GHz G4's (with or without overclocking) I will be able to play 720p videos without any skipped frames while running MorphOS2.7 and mPlayer.

I will let everyone know how it turns out once the dual 1.42GHz G4's show up and I get them installed. If anyone here has any tips for that upgrade from 1.25GHz to 1.42GHz, tips or warnings about over- clocking the 1.42GHz G4's to 1.5GHz, or 1.67GHz, please send me a reply.