On Dec 4, 2011, at 4:27 PM, Avid_Fan wrote:

My G4 MDD came pre-loaded with 10.4 and I
had (or I have since upgraded to) a newer version of Quicktime and
thus this problem.

So....I have picked up the MDD original install discs for peanuts and
may roll back to 10.3.2 to solve the Quicktime issue.

Any major drawbacks I should be aware of in using the older OS? Looks
like my iphone and iTunes will not sync in 10.3.2. Thought about
getting an old ibook just for music and iphone etc. I've been through
the other software I use and seems to be older versions of everything
that's important.

I'm running Leopard 10.5.8 on my Macs, but I also have Tiger 10.4.11 on another partition. When I do audio work, I use Tiger since my M- Audio 2496 PCI card only seems to function up to but not including Leopard.

Maybe you could do a similar thing for your Panther application? But you would already need another partition for Panther ... maybe add another SATA drive?