Hi all,
My G4 Sawtooth hard drive, IBM Deskstar 20Gb made a clicking sound and suddenly stopped ie I got a flashing question mark displayed on startup. Presumably system files could not be read. I changed out the drive with a fresh OS (10.4.11) install and am up and running. Of course, I have un-backed-up files on that drive I would like to retrieve. Are there any inexpensive options? I vaguely remember a fix that involved freezing the drive. Any ideas?
Many thanks, Les