What laptop is it? I would take it apart as much as possible, use an air
compressor, or buy some cans of compressed air, and blow out as much of the
moisture as possible. Then set it upside down near a heat source to dry for
a few days. You will most likely have to replace the keyboard either way
though.

A few months ago, I spilled nearly a full cup of coffee directly onto my
laptop. It shut itself off right away, which isn't usually a good sign. I
immediately plugged in my air compressor and blew out as much of the coffee
as possible, then took it completely apart. I took it all apart, and spread
it out on a clothes rack in front of our wood stove. I let it dry for a few
days, put it back together, and EVERYTHING, including the keyboard, WORKED!
I spilled so much coffee, that it actually washed away the thermal compound
between the processor and the heat sink, so I applied more thermal compound
before I put it together. The laptop has worked fine ever since!

-Jonas