> The Flashback trojan uses an exploit to break through the sandbox and execute
> Java-based malware with privileges, so the *exploit will work on PPC* because
> it is Java that is executing with privileges, *not* native machine code. What
> is not clear is what happens next. If the binary that is loaded is x86, then
> the attack fails, and this seems to be the case. However, if the attackers
> got wise and built it Universal (and worse still linked it to the 10.4 SDK),
> then watch out.

By "the binary" I mean "the binary loaded by the Java malware bootstrap."
See

http://www.h-online.com/security/news/item/Critical-Java-hole-being-exploited-on-a-large-scale-Update-1485681.html

http://blogs.technet.com/b/mmpc/archive/2012/03/20/an-interesting-case-of-jre-sandbox-breach-cve-2012-0507.aspx

The same exploit is used in both the Windows and Mac versions; the binary
which they load is different.

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckai...@floodgap.com
-- I can't walk a mile in their shoes. They smell funny. ----------------------