On Apr 16, 2012, at 12:47 PM, Cameron Kaiser wrote:

As I stated the ambient is also very important here, plus never crowd the back of one of the "Stanley Steamers" (water pumpers) too lose to a wall
they need breathing room.

Good point. Mine used to be crammed into a corner, but in my new house I have
it pointing into the middle of the room so it can ventilate freely.

Ambient in the room varies between 65 and 80 F, depending on the time of
year.

My temps run about 65 to 75 most of the time.
We had a heat wave two years back and the temps in the condo got to 115 F. That made it leak. It caused me to repair and refill my Delphi LCS and disassemble the power supply to neutralize the coolant I also had all the power supply pieces re-plated, Two months later I installed a Panasonic
unit and sold the Delphi,

Also at idle mine draws 250 Watts, when burning 2 or more DVD's at a time
I'm at 550 watts.

Holy power draw, Batman! My quad is somewhere between 170 and 250W, but it is usually in Reduced mode, and I only crank it up when I'm compiling stuff.

Well my Dual 2.7 power draw may be due to the 5 2TB internal HDD's , they keep the fans busy, plus 2 2TB externals and a 9800 Pro graphics card. My Panasonic LCS has two pumps also.

John Carmonne
Placentia CA 92870
From iMac Core Duo 2.0