I've switched to a G5 recently, but I still own an old LaserWriter Select
360 I'd like to use with the G5 (OSX 10.4.11).
The LW has LocalTalk (AppleTalk?), Serial and Parallel (Centronics)
connectors.

Of course the G5 has no LocalTalk port, so I thought of using an
USB-Parallel cable I found somewhere (I have no idea where I got it or its
brand).
Here's a link to a page with a cable very similar to mine:
http://lancej.blogspot.it/2007/05/mac-usb-parallel-adapters.html

As suggested in that page, I tried using USBTB, but it didn't work.
While installing the driver, the installer attempted to communicate with the
printer, but it found no USB printer at all (the LW was on and connected, of
course).
I wonder if my cable is not Mac compatible (some USB-Parallel cables on the
Net are said to be "not for Macs").

Any idea?
Any program or driver I can try?