On Apr 25, 2012, at 12:13 PM, JohnV wrote:

itunes 8.2.1

I know that I had been running 8.4.11 on teh iMac, limiting what version of iTunes would run on it... APPLE broke my ability to even BUY things on iTunes with that. That machine (after a crash) is now running 10.6.8 and has iTunes 10.5.3 on it, but I haven;t used it there . Again, looks like THAT is the machine to have iTunes on...

Yep, think you are chasing the right rabbit there. Think there are a few online resources to talk you thru re-linking your itunes library and program.
jeff

On Apr 25, 2012, at 1:02 PM, Jeff Bequette wrote:

You didn't list your version on iTunes, which is important. I'm running 10.6.1(iTunes) on a dual 1.8 G5, Sys 10.5.8, : talking to iPhone 4s, may have to get and test a new ipod.. Willing to take donations. <grin>

On Apr 25, 2012, at 11:14 AM, Richard Gerome wrote:

I'm pretty sure the new iPods won't work on PPC'c, only Intel??? I can't get my brand new Ipod to work on my G4 TiBook but it works on my MacBook... Maybe someone on here might know a way around it to get it to work???

-----Original Message-----
From: JohnV <vengbj...@verizon.net>
Sent: Apr 25, 2012 10:08 AM
To: G-Group <g3-5-list@googlegroups.com>
Subject: G5 and lack of ipod connection

For some reason this G5 won't see or charge my iPod touch... thoughts?

Hardware Overview:

Machine Name:   Power Mac G5
Machine Model:  PowerMac7,3
CPU Type:       PowerPC G5  (2.2)
Number Of CPUs: 2
CPU Speed:      1.8 GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU):     512 KB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed:      900 MHz
Boot ROM Version:       5.1.8f7

System Version: Mac OS X 10.4.11 (8S165)
Kernel Version: Darwin 8.11.0
Boot Volume:    G5 HD1 150G

--
You received this message because you are a member of G-Group, a group for those using G3, G4, and G5 desktop Macs - with a particular focus on Power Macs. The list FAQ is at http://lowendmac.com/lists/g-list.shtml and our netiquette guide is at http://www.lowendmac.com/lists/netiquette.shtml

Scars only tell us where we have been, they do not have to dictate where we are going...

“Choose love and peace above all other options. Commit to the goal of unconditional love and compassion for all life, in all its expressions, and surrender all judgment to God.

--- Dr. David R. Hawkins