On Apr 30, 2012, at 9:12 AM, David W. Morris wrote:

Your Skype will barley work OK on that 1.67 PB plus Tiger 10.4.11 is much faster than 10.5.8 for Skype. Be sure nothing else is running. Your ISP is fast enough.
The Intel machines a much better for this,

Thanks for the answer, but Skype works better than you think on my 1.67GHz G4 PowerBook. The incoming video is smooth and clear from the person I am calling, but on their end of the call, my video works for a little while, then it freezes. If I turn off sending my video to them and then restart it. my video will usually start playing again for another short while, then freeze again. I will try it from my dual 2.7GHz G5 soon. That should confirm if it is the computer, or the ISP provider, as the dual 2.7GHz G5 should be more than fast enough to run Skype.
\

My Dual 2.7 does well on 10.5.8 for Skype. It may be on their end if they have a slow ISP.

John Carmonne
Placentia CA 92870
From iMac Core Duo 2.0