On May 14, 2012, at 12:15 PM, Clark, Steve wrote:

I put in a wireless antenna card pci that I pulled out of pee cee , but the system doesn't see it.

Most PC chipset cards can be made to work in OS X with a little work and the correct software. Cards that have Broadcom or Atheros chipsets can normally be made to work as Apple "Airport" using Apple's built-in software. You'll need to go to System Profiler>PCI and identify the card and its chipset EXACTLY by Vendor ID# and Device ID# (two #'s in the form 0xXXXX). Once you identify the chipset, you can search out software to drive the card, or perhaps modify the existing Mac software to work with the card. This may be too much work for you, you might just want to buy a more compatible card? I'd look for an 802.11n card with a Broadcom chipset which can always be made to work if you add the correct ID#'s to the correct Airport kext (there is a script to called "bcm43xx_enabler_053" that adds native Apple Airport support for all known Broadcom chipsets & cards.) I'd mess with your original card first. If you send me the ID#s I can help you off-list to find appropriate software to make the PC card work.