Hello everyone

I wanted to report that I successfully installed a 2TB Hitachi
Deskstar internal hard disk in the second drive bay of my Powermac G5
Quad Core.  My machine was manufactured in October, 2005.

The new drive is a SATA 3 drive, but I had no issues -- no
configuration via jumpers of anything else needed to make it work with
the G5's SATA 1 interface.  I know compatibility between the newer
SATA 3 drives from some manufacturers has been an issue for users on
at least some Powermac G5's.  No problem for this particular Hitachi
drive on my system.  It is available from Amazon for $129.  Here is
the detailed model info:

        Hitachi Deskstar 3.5" 2TB 7200RPM SATA III 32MB Cache Internal Hard
Drive 0S02861

Installation went without a hitch.  After I installed it and powered
my machine back up, OS X (Leopard) asked me if I wanted to initialize
it and then popped me into Disk Utility, where I set it up as one
partition.  No problem there either.

Powermac still lives, and I am keeping mine for as long as I can.