On May 14, 7:33 pm, Bruce Johnson <john...@pharmacy.arizona.edu>
wrote:
> I'm getting tired of these Belkin pieces of trash crapping out on me.
>
> Definitely needs to be a powered one.

I bought three of these when Deal Mac listed them as available from
mumble-mumble for something under $10 each and have found them to work
very very well.

<http://www.ebay.com/itm/magicJack-4-port-Powered-USB-Hub-w-2-000mA-
power-supply-/360389962173?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e8ea69bd>

I think that price is too high.  Here's another listing, but it
doesn't seem to include the AC adapter:

<http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-USB-2-0-External-Powered-4-Port-USB-
HUB-/350421364816?pt=US_USB_Cables_Hubs_Adapters&hash=item5196bdb050>

I can't swear that those have the same guts as mine, but they look
exactly like them.  It might be worth browsing the Ebay category,
because as recently as a year ago, some of the Hong Kong sellers had
them with AC adapters for about $6.

Ah, here we go, $7 at PC Micro Store back in July 2007.  So, I've been
using them since then:

<http://dealmac.com/deals/Young-Micro-4-Port-USB-2.0-Mini-Hub-for-7-
shipped-updated-/179546.html>

Might try searching Ebay on YM-HUB-4U2A-S

Jeff Walther