When I first got my G4, from a coworker in 2001, he coldn't find the system
disk for about a month and a half. By then, I had, been using it, and didn't
want to do a nuke and pave.  I still find his junk files now and then on my
tiger partition.  So I will be glad to have a clean start this time.

Thanks for the reassurance about the drives though.

As an aside, since the macpro list is dead, and the prices are comming down on
the first models, and they are loosing apple support with mountain lion, they
are starting to turn into LEMs, is this where we should discuss issues with
them?