Newly acquired Quicksilver (2002) G4 Tiger 4.11, 40GB system drive and 180GB drive added for data files.

I would like to have the User files (some 82GB) on the second drive (Data Disk) while starting from the system drive (Mac HD).

I'm sure I've seen an article about this before but cannot find it anywhere. I seem to recall it is not as simple as placing an alias in the 'Users' folder so I would like to get the real info before setting up the G4 for use by my wife.
Can anyone direct me to the information about this?

TIA

Ged