From: Dan <dantear...@gmail.com>
Subject: VLC (was Re: Flash help??)
To: g3-5-list@googlegroups.com
Date: Monday, June 18, 2012, 10:02 AM

At 9:10 AM -0700 6/18/2012, Jonas Lopez wrote:
> I have VLC and can NOT get it to work. I dl for 10.4.11 and for 10.5.8 PPC
> NOT INTEL and all I get is a black screen in 10.5 and NO SCREEN in 10.4.

But you don't mention what version of VLC you downloaded...

The final version of VLC that runs on Tiger is 0.9.10.  It is a universal (ppc
and intel) build.

For Leopard, you can run version 2.0.1.  It is NOT a universal build, so you
have to be careful that you grab the correct one.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.html

> It was always flakey and now it does not work at all.

YMMV, I guess.  I've never had issues with VLC, and I use it daily. Heck, I'm
often finding handy features that I didn't know about before... Like being able
to press the 'a' key to dynamically change the aspect ratio.

- Dan.
-- - Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.