On Jul 17, 2012, at 8:44 AM, Gary D. wrote:

On Monday, July 16, 2012 5:02:24 PM UTC+2, gifutiger wrote:
Here is what you should read and "Bookmark" in case you have this problem again.
http://www.macinminutes.co.uk/express_tips/ejecting_stuck_disc.html

It's called 16 Tips on Ejecting a stuck Slot Loading DVD

Cheers

Harry

Thanks, Harry. That is an excellent tip and I have bookmarked it for future reference.

But wait...wasn't there a sun magnetic storm last week? Could that be the reason my mini striked, my sat reveiver lost some settings and a cordless phone did strange things? Anyone else have problems or did I just have a bad day?

Gary D.

Hello All:

I keep a lazy eye on long term weather trends. Sunspot and cosmic ray interference are ramping up with the peak occurring in 2013. There is supposed to be more sunspot activity these next years than for something like 1-5 centuries previous. (Sorry just too lazy to look it up right now). I believe I read about it on the NOAA.gov website.

Point is, yes, Gary we _are_ going to have more random problems with our electronic equipment for the next 2-4 years.

(AAiieee! It's not just global warming, it's galactic warming, too! OK, solar system, but that's close!)

Bob