If it is a slot loader and not a tray then yes these were a problem on yours I'm sure. I have a G4 Titanium PowerBook that had the same issue so I replaced it with a super drive and now I can burn anything up to a Dual Layer DVD. If you are not doing any kind of burning you can pick one up fairly cheap. I paid around $56 w/shipping on ebay for mine around 2 yrs ago.

-----Original Message-----
From: rumble
Sent: Aug 2, 2012 10:55 AM
To: g3-5-list@googlegroups.com
Subject: g3 ibook cd drive ejects

someone gave me a g6 600mhz ibook recently and i was going to try to spruce it up, but every time i put a cd in the drive it pops it back out.

was this a common or easy problem to fix or is the drive just hosed?

thanks

Scars only tell us where we have been, they do not have to dictate where we are going...

“Choose love and peace above all other options.  Commit to the goal of unconditional love and compassion for all life, in all its expressions, and surrender all judgment to God.

--- Dr. David R. Hawkins