Hi to all and thanks for keeping this going as I too like Kris have an old
G3 powerbook that I use as a clock/radio. 2 actually (1 running OS9 @
300mhz, and 1 running OS10.3.9 @ 400mhz) as well as other G3's in my
collection running their native software. As with Kris, none of these G3's,
even the latest one running OS 10.4.11 will connect to any of the apple
provided itunes radio stations. Which sadly for me is one of the main
things we use these old machines for.  When I click on the radio button it
brings up the categories but when you click on the triangle to open the
list, I get a notice that there is an error and to check my internet
connection.  The internet is working fine in all areas but this. Now on all
of my G4's and G5 systems, the radio stations load up and play fine!  Is
the problem due to the older itunes software (If so is there a fix) or is
this the end of this use (streaming audio radio) for these fine old
machines?  What we really loved was the great variety of stations that now
is gone.

I do not have my computers networked together to share as they are in
different locations.
Also perhaps Dan can let me know what a smurf is as I suspect it is not
tech talk as I am familiar with most mac models. Just not sure of all the
"nicknames" as I assume this is.

Thanks again for the information!