I have 2 original IpodTouch devices, one Iphone4

a G5 dual 1.8 GHz running 10.4.11
this machine has the hard rives from my original dual 2.7 G5 that crashed severely and is waiting resurrection. It was a problematic transition and I'm surprised it's working as well as it is, but it seems stable for a while now with most of my professional-use audio systems re-installed on it..

an iMac1.83GHz INtel core duo  running 10.6.8
it had a hard drive crash and was re-initialised by a pro Mac service I trust. It has yet to be completely re-integrated as the main household system running all email and internet access.

My confusion:
I have a set of apps in the iPod touch that were bought and installed a while back when all the computers were working fine. These apps are NOT apparent on any of the 2 systems under iunes, though I would think they should be having bought them that way.

I have a set of apps that are on the iPhone that were recently bought.
THese are on the iMac where they should be.

I need to get this all back organised and can;t seem to get at the apps on the iPodTouch without SYNCHing them which says it will REPLACE then with what's on teh iMac (NONE of which are these particular apps).

I'm really not sure at all how to reintegrate this mess so I can proceed with getting what I wnat where I want it.

Anything else I need to supply for clues?

THanks
John Vengrouskie