I agree that Mountain Lion is a pain in the posterior to any old time, Mac
Proficient, Senior. That being the case, I use my new Mac Pro Tower, 1.2 GHz
Quad-Core Intel Chip for email and certain projects …   BUT , I keep my
Quicksilver with AirPort/Wifi turned off for my finances and investments. It
runs Leopard OS11.5.8 and Quicken 2007 PLUS ) It has the discontinued Apple
Works 6.2.9 on it.

It seems that  everything New Apple comes up with … drops a feature that I had
used everyday. Such as back then, Macro's on Apple Works word processing (which
really chapped my tail) … and then, they dropped Apple Works). With Mountain
Lion's Pages there are also no Macro's. In can't find a way to increase the
Print size in incoming Mail, etc. etc.

For that matter, I know of a person (very  much more Macintosh Knowledgeable
than me) that does high end home remodeling. He stayed with OS9.2.2 in  his
business, because: he had all the drafting software and I quote, "I don't have
time to waste learning a New System and all the short cuts every time Apple
changes the OS. The older software that I own does the job just fine."

In my case, All my envelopes, Letter heads, lists, contracts, etc are Apple
Works documents.

Pages is too similar  to MicroSuck WORD to me … And I rejected "Werd" many
years back. For writing, I changed to Nisus Writer Pro years ago. To submit a
manuscript, which MS Werd is the  only thing most editors will accept these
days, Nisus writer will convert it to MS Werd for submission.

RHB
If you think a computer is saving you time …
I have some underwater, swampland lots
you might be interested in buying. ~ The Ole Curmudeon