On Mar 7, 2013, at 2:11 PM, JohnV wrote:

I clear cookies, caches and went so far as to dump the entire HISTORY in Safari wondering what it is that identifies me and brings these singular things onto my screen.

They track your IP address also, so you'll need to use something like Tor to remain more anonymous. Even Tor can be tracked with some effort. I have cable which is supposed to be dynamic IP, but AFAIK they rarely if ever change my IP. If I started hosting they'd probably pop my IP just to make it more difficult for me, after all, they're not a bi-directional "information super highway," they're one-way "intravenous ads for fun & profit".

As in all things, there is a cost to be paid to remain anonymous, in this case Tor results in a noticeable increase in latency before webpages load, the cost of slicing & dicing all those packets across all those anonymous Tor nodes.

Tor on a PPC Mac may be difficult to setup now. AFAIK you use Vidalia for PPC, but finding a browser may be harder, I suspect you'll need TenFourFox or something with plugins enabled and a Tor plugin? The current "Tor Browser Bundle" required OS X 10.6+ and Intel, so getting Tor working on PPC may be a bit of a challenge now, but I'm sure it can be done. Just search Tor PPC or Vidalia PPC.

Here are current PPC versions of Vidalia to get you started:
<https://www.torproject.org/dist/vidalia-bundles/>

to g3-5-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.