On Mar 25, 2013, at 10:30 AM, Bruce Ryan wrote:

> I've just set my dad up with a base-model mac mini after years of supporting
> his ancient XP box. He's used to Autosketch for technical drawing, but this
> doesn't work on the mac - even the wonderful Crossover turns up its nose. So
> I've given him my copy of Creative Suite 3 so he can use Illustrator.
>
> I've tried to teach him some things and written a few exercises, but I'm not
> a good teacher, and most of the time I'm 350 miles from my parents.
>
> So can anyone recommend a good guide/teach yourself Illustrator book? I don't
> think it will matter if it's from as far back as V5 (I recall the manual for
> V5 having a good teaching session, and I don't see that any of the
> fundamental functions have changed since then.)

<http://www.amazon.com/Illustrator-Windows-Macintosh-Elaine-Weinmann/dp/0321510453/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1364233558&sr=1-2&keywords=illustrator+cs3+books>

It is a good book.  You can still buy a brand new copy for as little as $3.37
(plus shipping) from an Amazon Marketplace.

Fabian

---
"G-Group" group.
to g3-5-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.