Discussions about Mountain Lion OS and "Apple Pro Tower," whether just a "Quick
Question," or as hijacked thread, are way Off-Topic for the G-Group.

This thread is hereby declared closed.  Please move further messages to the LEM
MacIntel Group and send comments directly to me.

Fabian Fang
LEM G-Group Manager

On Apr 4, 2013, at 8:25 AM, ROBERT H. BAUCOM wrote:

> My Apple Pro  Tower came with Mounting Lie-un Installed. There is no "Install
> OS X Mountain Lion.app" on my hard disk Drive. How can I get an "Install OS X
> Mountain Lion CD" (or DVD if need be) without paying FULL RETAIL ?
>
> BTW, I hate this downloading of any software. without a provision to make or
> buy a CD copy. I paid an extra $10.00 to get a CD copy of the Nisus Writer
> Pro 2.0.4 Up Grade … which I still haven't received.
> RHB
> "Weaseling out of things is good. It's what separates us from the other
> animals....except weasels."
> ~ Homer Simpson, Animated Cartoon Character.
>
> On Apr 4, 2013, at 9:31 AM, Dan <dantear...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> At 6:16 AM -0700 04/04/2013, Gary D. wrote:
>>> I have just installed 10.8.3 for the first time and it takes up a lot of
>>> space. There is a file at "private > var > vm" with the name "sleepimage"
>>> that is 4 GB in size. Anyone know what that is? Can I delete it?
>>
>> That contains a complete copy of your memory.  It's created by the OS when
>> it goes into a deep sleep.  The complete copy is required because at that
>> point, the Mac essentially turns itself off.  When you wake it up, memory is
>> quickly reloaded from that file.  You can get rid of it by disabling deep
>> sleep.
>>
>>> There is also an "Install OS X Mountain Lion.app" in the appllication
>>> folder. Do I need that too?
>>
>> You can delete that.  Good idea to make a backup of it first, just in case.
>>
>> - Dan.
>> --
>> - Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.
>>

> --
> --
>
> ---
> "G-Group" group.