Il giorno 25/09/13 14.54, "spilrules" ha scritto:

> Recently I noticed the fan running at full speed for quite some time on my
> G4 powerbook 12" 1.33 mhz which I thought was unusual as it did not seem to
> run very long in the past. I checked the activity monitor under utilities
> and discovered that the CPU was running at 100% all the time
The most likely culprit is one (or some) active process(es), that you're not
aware of, that are CPU-heavy and using all the CPU power.

In Activity Monitor, click on the "% CPU" header, and check the topmost
processes (the ones using more CPU %): then report them here, so we can
understand what's going on.

> I have checked it many times and even when the
> computer is first turned on the activity monitor still shows the processor
> at 100% and soon the fan will kick in.
Usually, after boot there shouldn't be anything using more than 1-2% CPU.
(the computer is - should be - idle, actually)

>  I ran the Apple hardware test on it  and everything passed.
I don't think it's an hardware issue. The CPU do not keep busy himself, just
for the sake of it. ;-)

---
"G-Group" group.
to g3-5-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.