On Nov 30, 2013, at 4:08 PM, Valter Prahlad <valter.prah...@fastwebnet.it>
wrote:

> Il giorno 30/11/13 17.07, "Michael McMurtrey" ha scritto:
>
>> Why does Mail sometimes change my attachments to embedded images?
>
> Besides what has already been suggested, it might be Mail considers those
> images too big.
> You could try compressing them (one by one, or in a single folder/file), and
> attach them as ZIP files. Mail shouldn't mess with ZIP attachments.

Every version of Mail I've used has had some means of setting the size of an
attachment. I believe Mail tries to be 'smart' and limit  sizes to a
'manageable range' by default

IIRC, since 10.4-ish, there's been a small dropdown menu at the top of the body
when an attached image is present, allowing you to choose small, medium, large
and 'original size'. This applies to all attachments.

That said there has been seven versions of Mail to date, always specify the
version and/or OS X version when you post a question, because the actual answer
may vary depending on the version.

--
Bruce Johnson

"Wherever you go, there you are." B. Banzai, PhD

---
"G-Group" group.
to g3-5-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.