Now that MailForge is dead, I've been pondering...

How many people would be interested in a faithful reproduction of Mac
Eudora 6.2? 10? 100?, 1000?

Probably 100, by the likes of the FB page.

I use Mac Eudora v6.2 every day, since the mid 90s. I'm a pro software
developer. I have built stuff of this complexity a number of times over,
including a Mac email client a loooong time ago for Digital Equipment
Corporation. It's not easy to build a replacement. It would take EASILY
over a year for me to do it. If I did do it, I'd stick to keeping the same
workflow and features, and simply just "Freshen-up" the look and feel (but
not change it like MailForge did).

Thoughts, comments? Collaborators? -- I'd do this project open source,
because I love Eudora mail and want it to live on indefinitely.

On Sunday, July 22, 2012 9:13:47 AM UTC-4, benjee wrote:

> We thought that MailForge could fill the gap, but after 5 years they are
> still in beta.
>
> Why FB? I think it is a good tool to get figure out how many really need a
> true Eudora replacement.
>

> -- Sent from my HP Pre3
>
> ------------------------------
> On 22 Jul 2012 13.57, Stephen E. Bodnar <sbo...@gci.net <javascript:>>
> wrote:
>
> On 7/21/12 10:23 PM, ben...@gmail.com <javascript:> wrote:
> > We have set up a Facebook page to discuss and to see how many of us are
> > still looking for a true Eudora replacement:
> >
> > Http://www.facebook.com/WeWantEudora
> >
> > -- Sent from my HP Pre3
>
> What if you don't do Facebook? I'm in the market for a new email client,
> and would LOVE to see a reincarnation of Eudora.
>
> I used the Eudora - Thunderbird add-on for a while, but things got a bit
> squirrely when Thunderbird started the forced update cycle.
>
> Stephen
>
> --

---
"G-Group" group.