Il giorno 09/10/17 18:10, "Jörg" ha scritto:

> BTW which would be your favorite (most reliable) G5? I would like to get
> one eventually.

G5s were a beautiful piece of hardware.
BUT they were relatively unreliable (soldering, water-cooling, PSU...), and
they are way less powerful that subsequent Intel Macs. Besides, they suck
power like crazy. :-D

I had a 2.7 GHz dual processor with liquid cooling. Great machine, no doubt
about it, and a delight to expand; but IIRC its power consumption was around
300 W (my 2009 iMac 24" consumes just around 100 W, screen included), and
one day the Ram soldering went kaputt.

Basing on my experience, if you really use your Mac everyday, adopting an
Intel one is way better than a previous one.
OTOH, if you just want to tinker with it, you'll likely love a G5 :-)

---
"G-Group" group.
to g3-5-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.