My G5 recently died. I bought and ancient intel.

I tried using the Migration Assistant to migrate from the G5. I kept
getting and error that the G5,
running 10.5.8 I think, the most advanced system X needed to be upgraded.
Obviously not being
possible I took the G5 drives and put them in the Intel and I was able to
migrate that way.

I still have problems with permissions. For instance the Intel won't let me
into my music folder
telling me I don't have permission. I'm fairly sure I'm using the system
administrator account so
I don't get it. There are other users in the user section of the system
preferences but they are
dimmed.

Another problem is with my ancient Brother HL-1440 printer. It's extinct
but it still works fine except
not with this newer computer. I downloaded something called a CUPS driver
and the directions.
I enter the first command in Terminal and then it goes nowhere. There are
supposed to be
printer choices depending on the drivers installed. There are none.
According to the documentation
this drive is supposed to work with this computer and this OS and this
printer. There error I get
is there is no printer connected.

I also have and Epson V300 scanner which is a nice scanner. It has control
buttons one of which is
the power on/off and another which automatically scans PDFs. That was
really handy. Naturally this
doesn't work now. I got the latest driver for it and the I have to use the
software in a work around
and the first page is always more or less square and every other page
afterward is crooked no
matter what I do. My late Father did a genealogical study of our family and
I'm trying to scan the
damn thing. There are over 150 pages and this is not working.

Also this thing is running El Capitan. This is one of the early PowerMac
how advanced system
software should I upgrade it to. This is a legacy computer and I am used to
running legacy
software and I don't want to get things out of whack. My favorite computer
was Digital Audio G4
which died earlier this year there was limited software for that thing, but
keeping it
contemporaneous seems to work.

Thankyou Mark M

---