Try this first: uncheck the box to signing in w/o password, reboot, then check
it again. Sometimes these settings get ’stuck’.

If that fails, then you might  try changing your password via Users and Groups,
even if it’s to the same password.

If that doesn’t work, try running keychain repair in Keychain Access (I think
that’s what it was called back then!)

If THAT doesn’t work delete your login keychain, reboot set the no-login
setting. You’ll want to make sure you go theough your saved passwords and
record them if need be, first.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona