Changing Drive Letters in Windows 2000
Love PC TIPS? Click here to join PCPandit
If you find the need to change a drive letter, Windows 2000 makes this
possible. Here's how:
In the Control Panel, select Administrative Tools. The Administrative Tools
folder will pop up.
In that folder, select Computer Management.
Click on Disk Management and wait for the Logical Disk Manager Service to
finish scanning your system's drives. You will then see a list of the drives
available in your system. 1. Click on the drive with the drive letter you
want to change.
2. Right click and select the Change Drive Letter and Path
3. All drive letters linked to that drive will be listed on this popup
4. Click on the drive letter you want to change and click on Edit.
5. Click on the drive letter and a whole list of available drive letter
choices will now appear.
6. Select the drive letter you want for this drive.
7. Click OK and your drive will have a new drive letter.
Notes: You will not be able to change the drive letter of your system or
boot volume. However, the drive letters of all other drives and drive
volumes are changeable.
If you want to change the drive letter of a CD/DVD-ROM or ZIP drive, make
sure you insert a disk first. The drive letter cannot be changed unless
there's a disk in the drive.
Some software may not work properly if you change any drive letter. So, you
may need to do some registry editing to get that software to work with the
new drive letter. If that doesn't work, you will have to reinstall the
software using the new drive letter or reset the drive letter back to its
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* *MORE PC TIPS FOR YOU. JUST CLICK
- *Change your Windows XP Boot
- *Changing Drive Letters in Windows
- *Windows XP Interface
- *Microsoft Excel Shortcut keys
- *Wireless Internet
- *How to hiding icons on the bottom of your
*Love PC TIPS? Click here to join
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
http://www.giantproduct.comYahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: